It's been a fairly busy month at Linux StepByStep again. We've put up the
following additions to the stie:
28th
FTP -> Servers -> ProFTPD (Chang)
-----

25th
Bind 9 -> clarifications on the secret key needed for rndc (Douglas Hunley)
-----

21st
FREEBSD (Added to Left Menu)
FREEBSD -> Intro to FreeBSD (C.Richey)
-----

20th
WARNING -> Proper French Translation (Patrick)
-----

18th
Timekeeping -> Automatic Sync (Added 'netdate' option c/o K. Cullis)
-----

17th
Bedtime Reading -> Partitions (proper German by Hermann-Josef)
Distros -> Reviews -> Redmond (update)
-----

16th
Bedtime Reading -> IDE cd burners (revised)
Programming -> kbhit() example (revised) (Anders Brander / Mike A)
Added [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list and newsgroup for BSD discussion (Doug
Hunley)
-----

12th
KDE2->Soundbug (Mike Andrew)

Bedtime Reading-> CD Burners (Mike Andrew)
CD BURNERS -> Bedtime Reading
-----

4th
Added new bios of the Editors (Front Page->Snapshots) (Doug Hunley)
Moved all mirror-related content to new mirror subdir (Doug Hunley)
Bind/DNS-> major re-org/cleanup. new security additions, and rdnc info (Doug
Hunley)
PALMPILOT->GUI INTERFACES (Susan/Alan) moved
PALMPILOT->PROGRAMMING->Rapid Development Tool Install
->EMULATOR
->SDK
->PILRC
->PRCTOOLS
->Putting it all together
-----

3rd
Moved copyright and privacy notice to new legal directory (Doug Hunley)
Proper German for print filters (Klaus-Peter)
Moved bio and images to new bio subdir (Doug Hunley)
Proper French for all front page frames (patrick kapturkiewicz)
VIDEO -> AVI + DIVX -> Mplayer (Net Llama!)
VIDEO -> AVI + DIVX -> Avifile (moved (Net Llama!)
-----

2nd
Upgrade -> Compiling and Installing GLib and GTK+ (Kurt Wall)
Bind 9 -> updates to handle the /var/run permissions issue (Doug Hunley)
KDE -> Getting Rid of KDE1 (Bill's way) Bill Day
FTP->Server (ammended) Linuxism
PALMPILOT->(susan/alan) Bedtime Reading->Print Filters (Joel Hammer)
Bedtime Reading->Hardware driver API's and technical breifs (Mike Andrew)
--->CDROM Kernel API
--->CDROM Example C Code driver
--->IEEE1284 Parallel Interface
---->LS120 Parallel Interface protocol
---->ZIP Parrallel Interface protocols
usb->general-> change of url to linux-usb.org
-----

1st
Bedtime Reading -> BASH Startup Process Scripts (Chris Kassopulo)

We also had a lot of happening on the mailing lists.
We added a bsd-users mailing list this month to coincide withour new BSD
content.
the linux-users list is up to 152 members, and generated 1937 messages for
the month of January!

As usual, the website continued to grow in popularity and traffic:
Total Hits for the month: 249126
Average Hits per Day: 1255
Average Hits per Hour: 334
Average Hits per Day: 8036

Top 5 Referrers for the month are:
Google
Yahoo!
www.idir.net
www.redmondlinux.org
Linmodems.org

(LWN, DistroWatch, Caldera, Redat, and KDE.com also showed strongly in the
Referrer catagory)

Top 5 Search  Items:
s3 trio
sis 5597
ppoe
s3 virge
s3 trio 3d/2x drivers

Top 5 Visiting TLDs:
.COM
.NET
.CA
.EDU
.AU

Full details of the web traffic is available at
http://linux.nf/www/usage_200201.html

January also showed a marked increase in traffic on our news server
(news.linux.nf)
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: Linux StepByStep - http://linux.nf

Meeting, n.:
        An assembly of people coming together to decide what person or
department not represented in the room must solve a problem.