--- Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Net Llama wrote:
> >
> > I just downloaded the binary tarball of Mozilla (as i've done for
> every
> > official Mozilla release since R16), and installed it in a new
> > directory. However, when i try to run the mozilla binary (as root),
> > get a seg-fault:
> > [root@netllama /root]# /opt/mozilla/mozilla
> > /opt/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh: line 72: 21648 Segmentation fault
> > $prog ${1+"$@"}
> >
> > I tried deleting ~/.mozilla but that made no difference.
> > I tried running mozilla as a normal user, and it randomly either
> core
> > dumps or segfaults in much the same fashion.
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?
>
> The problem on line 72 ?

Thanks Dr. Obvious.  :)

That script is not of my creation, it came with Mozilla, and i'll also
note that the same exact script came with the previous version of
Mozilla.  So, i'd say the odds are not the script, but the mozilla
binary.  I could be wrong, which is why i'd like to know of anyone else
has had any success with Mozilla-0.9.8 from the binary tarball.

FWIW, i installed the RPMs for Mozilla-0.9.8 on the same box, and it
runs just fine, but those are compiled for i386, whereas the tarball is
compiled for i686.

=====