On 03/02/11 14:11, Roger Searle wrote:
On 03/02/11 10:23, Jim Cheetham wrote:
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Roger Searle<roger.sea...@gmail.com>   wrote:
Hi, I have an OpenVPN server installed and configured on Ubuntu 10.10
and works well (clients can connect), except it doesn't start
automatically. It starts fine from the command line, and I see that in
/etc/init.d I have openvpn, and in each of /etc/rc2.d, rc3.d, rc4.d and
rc5.d there is a "S16openvpn ->   ../init.d/openvpn" link.

What do I need to do or where do I need to look to have the server start
automatically to run as a daemon or service?
Generally, just put the server config file into /etc/openvpn,
called_something_.conf

The init script isn't OpenVPN itself, it's just a script that searches
for config files and invokes OpenVPN with them, if they are there.

-jim

I suspect I created the situation by leaving a second .conf file (for
clients) in /etc/openvpn.  Looks like everything else was as it should
be.  The opportunity to re-test is Monday morning.  Thanks to everyone
for their replies, confirmations, other options - which would only now
be renumbering the various rcX links.

Cheers,
Roger
Server reboot and OpenVPN restarts now there's the single .conf file. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,
Roger