On 17/02/11 1:34 PM, Carl Turney wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just spent ~6 hours on this problem, and no closer to a solution...
>
> Until about 2-3 months ago, I was using Kompozer to edit websites.  It
> was perfect, for me.
>

> Here are the other web page editing tools I have already
> considered/tried and rejected...
> IceApe = SeaMonkey ... mostly a browser and email client.  Am already
> completely happy with Thunderbird and Firefox, and do NOT want to waste
> days porting my data across, re-configuring emails etc.

Reconsider seamonkey.  I've got a 10.10 box here that can do a "sudo
apt-get install seamonkey" with no errors, and (after wgetting your
site) open it in the tool you are looking for - "composer" - from the
Window menu.  It has a "normal edit mode" that is the wysiwyg editor you
seek, as well as source view.

You are not obliged to move from thunderbird or firefox.  Just cancel
the wizard that tries to import emails etc.

Cheers,
Roger