Hi, I replaced my aged and failing dsl router with a TP-Link TD-8840T. I attempt making this sufficiently on topic by mentioning it connects to my trusty linksys wrt54gl and on to various linux boxes primarily my mythtv back and front ends, and mint desktop.

Efforts to set up port forwarding fail simply in that the "save" button, while appearing to click, just will not function to actually save a set of start/end ports, protocol and destination IP address that is entered. This device is fairly close to the factory settings, only having changed the LAN IP addressing to be 10.1.1.0/8 so as to be different from the network inside the linksys. NAT is enabled on the relevant virtual circuit, I am using the "virtual servers" section under Advanced Settings > NAT on page 24, 25 of the manual below if that is helpful for anyone wanting to see what I see. I've attempted numerous variations of port numbers, protocol, using built in "application" combo box or custom entry, and am yet to see an entry appear in the listing of rules.

I have already updated to the latest firmware, tried multiple browsers (even resorting to using IE) all to no avail. My googling fails to find anything that helps.

Does anyone have experience resolving a similar situation? Where a button of some sort won't work initially? Or have any suggestions what I could try? It seems to function in any other regard, so not physically faulty, I wonder if some other setting means the virtual server settings won't save, but really have no clue what/where.

This is the router:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=td-8840t

and manual here:
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/201121711212519.pdf