Peter Glassenbury              Computer Science & Software Engineering
p...@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz     University of Canterbury
+64 3 3667001 ext 7762

On 16/05/16 15:17, Criggie wrote:
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 09:37:08 +1200
From: Derek Smithies <derek.smith...@gmail.com>
To: Canterbury Linux Users Group <linux-users@lists.canterbury.ac.nz>

   I think the real question is:: What does CLUG do  that makes a really
good reason to keep going?
We could all go down to the local and have a drink up...
I'd rather you didn't - that's the sort of thing that ends up misreported
in the newspaper.

Since there is no clug, anyone can do what they want.  This is one of the
times where no-clug is a bad thing.

Formalised groups have wind-up proceedings as part of their charter.  Clug
doesn't.

So David - you could do anything or nothing, completely without
consultation or approval.

I'd make a suggestion that we consider these groups as worthy possible
recipients for some or all of the funds.

  * Rik, for his ongoing work in the OSS field.
  * UOC for their contribution of mailing list, this being the only thing
that holds CLUG together
  * WLUG, for being an Incorporated Society and doing the FOS/OSS thing.

Noone's used horse in a long time.  I'm happy to turn it off.

This is assuming that David can take money out of the bank without losing
arms, legs or an entire firstborn.

Thoughts?