On Tue 21 Feb 2017 19:30:02 NZDT +1300, dave lilley wrote:

> needing to replace my wireless router of some years due to
> having poor connection even when De ices are beside it (ie
> tablet).
> The wireless link drops out randomly or all devices more
> often than in the past, powering off doesn't help things.

That could also be a mid-air collision, i.e. the wifi band is getting
congested. A new AP won't fix that. You could use the wifi analyser
(farproc) app for android to check the band use, or just test different
channels on your current AP and see if things improve.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann
http://volker.top.geek.nz/      Please do not CC list postings to me.