When you right click the account name in the left-most pane > Settings > Server Settings, is the Local Directory set to the folder your profile resides in? I have several accounts in my current install, they end with the following path (one per account)

\Profiles\w92z88kc.default\ImapMail\imap.googlemail.com
\Profiles\w92z88kc.default\ImapMail\imap.googlemail-1.com

If not there is a browse button to point it to the correct place.

Another option: from the command line, run "thunderbird --profilemanager" (note 2 hyphens there) where you can create (or delete or rename) a profile, from where you can choose the folder containing your existing folder.

Good luck - sorry I can't help in person.

Cheers,
Roger