Hi,

At Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:39:30 +0100 (BST),
Robert de Bath <robert$@mayday.cix.co.uk> wrote:

> Oops, I just went back to the GNU site; wrong licence.
> The _X11_ licence is compatible with the GPL ...
> so what's the problem Juliusz? You won't be using GPL code from outside
> in luit so there's no 'infection'.

X11 license is compatible with the GPL.  This means X11-licensed softwares
can be used as a basis of GPL-ed softwares.  However, softwares of GNU
Project will have to be assigned to FSF.  (Note the difference between
merely GPL-ed softwares and GNU Project softwares.)  This FSF's way is
to guard itself legally.  Dual license will not help this situation.

OTOH, GPL-ed softwares cannot be included in XFree86 source tree, as
Juliusz said.

Thus, I think Juliusz's way (luit in X11 license) is reasonable.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/