Hi Gene,

> I have was checking out the trunk branch. I checked out the split branch
> and got it to compile and load. I then plugged in my "ProScope". This is
> the output of dmesg:
>
> usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo
> USB Video Class driver (v0.1.0)
> usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 88
> usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device ProScope HR (19ab:1000)
> uvcvideo: Unable to initialize the status endpoint (-22), status
> interrupt will not be supported.
> hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [Bodelin ProScope HR] on usb-0000:00:1d.7-1
>
> So I started ekiga and I have a green screen. Ekiga settings indicate
> the it is using the ProScope.
>
> What does this line mean?
>
> uvcvideo: Unable to initialize the status endpoint (-22), status
> interrupt will not be supported.

This is interesting, nobody had ever reported this before. For some reason the
driver is unable to initialise the status interrupt endpoint, which is used
by the webcam to report events such as button press, ... Are you using
2.6.19-rc ? Could you try with 2.6.18 or 2.6.17 ?

> Or should I say what is the significance of that line?
>
> Also after that dmesg reports this:
>
> uvcvideo: Failed to query (135) UVC control 9 (unit 2) : -32 (exp. 2).
> uvcvideo: Failed to query (130) UVC control 9 (unit 2) : -32 (exp. 2).

Did you say ProScope ? So you're not using a Logitech webcam ? Do you know
which USB controller is used by the ProScope ? If it uses the spca525, you
might be suffering from the same hardware bug as Logitech users. If not, I
don't think I could really help without getting my hands on the hardware.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart