Hi Michel,

> first, merry Christmas to all.

Merry xmas to you too, and happy new year as well two days in advance :-).

> second :), I'm having a problem with Ekiga opening my webcam fo a second
> time and I'm not sure if it is a problem of Ekiga or not. I believe that I
> could open webcam (Logitech Ultravision), with the code from the
> split-branch, multiple times when I used luvcview. I'm now using the code
> from after the merge with trunk. More specifically, I'm using the code from
> trunk as it looked at 25/12/2006.
>
> When I open the device with luvcview after Ekiga closed it, I get (and also
> with luvcview closing it maybe. I should check ...), I get the following
> output:
>
> uvcview version 0.1.7
> Video driver: x11
> A window manager is available
> video /dev/video0
> Unable to set format: 5.
>  Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal
>
> Do you need more info?

Yes, look at the kernel log (dmesg) and please report anything related to the
Linux UVC driver.

> So, opening the device for the first time works when I use Ekiga (and maybe
> others), opening it for the second time doesn't work (when I open it again
> with Ekiga or luvcview).

Do you mean it never works ? Or does it just fail from times to times ? I
tried what you described (with another Logitech webcam, but that shouldn't
matter) and didn't experience any problem.

Laurent Pinchart