On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Laurent Pinchart <
laurent.pinch...@skynet.be> wrote:

> On Monday 22 December 2008, abhishek dastidar wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Laurent Pinchart <
> >
> > laurent.pinch...@skynet.be> wrote:
> > > Hi Abhi,
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > Regarding your original problem, camorama will not work as it doesn't
> > > support
> > > the V4L2 API. Cheese should work, could you please describe the problem
> > > in more details ? Make sure you include application and kernel log
> > > messages in your report.
> >
> > I have attached the cheese log  and var/log/messages in the attachment.
>
> [excerpt from cheese log]
>
> > libv4l2: error converting / decoding frame data: v4l-convert: error
> > destination buffer too small
>
> Sounds like a libv4l2 issue. Have you tried contacting its author ?
>
> > I observed that once I start cheese, even luvcview doesn't work and hangs
> > untill I rmmod uvcvideo and load it again. Please let me know if you need
> > more info.
>
> This looks like a known bug. Please try the following
>
> luvcview -f yuv
> luvcview -f mjpeg
> luvcview -f yuv
>
> The third one will probably fail. If it does, please upgrade to the latest
> driver version and retry the above test.

The first and third worked, the second:
 luvcview -f mjpeg
luvcview 0.2.4

Unknown format specified. Aborting.

I compiled uvcview, gspca and cheese from source but still no good. What I
did notice is that after recompiling, gstreamer or luvciew doesn't hang
anymore like it did before. Any suggestions?