> luvcview 0.2.4
>
> SDL information:
>  Video driver: X11
>  A window manager is available
> Device information:
>  Device path:  /dev/video0
> Stream settings:
>  Frame format: MJPG
>  Frame size:   320x240 (requested size 640x320 is not supported by device)
>  Frame rate:   20/1 fps (requested frame rate 30 fps is not supported by
> device)
>
> OK, I get 2-4 fps now
>
> I can get snapshoots and the video, but if  I  play  the  Video,  it  is
> arround 10-15 times faster as the original...
>
> So, why doees "luvcview" not set the framerate correctly in the video?

I think luvcview uses the frame rate you requested (or in this case 20
fps as is the value suported by the device) but if you only get 4 fps
then the video will play a lot faster.

Try other capture software, like guvcview, cheese or vlc. Guvcview
will set an average fps for avi files and in the case of matroska,
frames are timed stamped so variable fps should not be a big issue.

Best Regards,
Paulo