Hi,

2011/6/7 Alexey Fisher <bug-tr...@fisher-privat.net>:
> On Mo, 2011-06-06 at 17:31 -0700, Carl Michal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having some trouble with a Quanta integrated webcam.  It identifies
>> itself as: Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_2HDM, usbid: 0408:2fb1.  This is built
>> in to a Dell XPS-15 (L501X).
>>
>> The uvcvideo module works, but the video stutters and has some
>> distortions, even at low resolutions and frame rates.
>>
>> With the Camera Output set to MJPG (in guvcview) "Ignoring empty buffer ..."
>> messages occur with most glitches.

I would say the camera is not returning the full frame (or maybe empty
ones) for same reason.

>> If the output is set to YV12, the errors look like:
>>
>> VIDIOC_DQBUF - Unable to dequeue buffer : Input/output error
>> Error grabbing image
>> libv4l2: error converting / decoding frame data: v4l-convert: error
>> parsing JPEG header: Not a JPG file ?

YV12 is a format returned by libv4l, and it's obtained by
decompressing the MJPG stream, so in fact the camera is still in MJPG
format like above.

>> With cheese, the video preview looks ok, but video capture is
>> unusable - the video stutters badly at low resolution, and the capture
>> hangs at high resolution (the program doesn't hang, but after a couple of
>> frames no more get captured).

Probably the same situation as above (incomplete or empty frames)

You should also increase uvc video verbosity and check dmesg for errors.

>From the looks of it I would say you are having some hardware sync
issues, did you try all possible resolutions and frame rates ?
Do these issues happen in all formats

Regards,
Paulo