On Sa, 2011-07-30 at 09:57 -0400, John Fancher wrote:
> On 07/30/2011 04:13 AM, Alexey Fisher wrote:
> > On Fr, 2011-07-29 at 22:48 -0400, John Fancher wrote:
> >> The following USB webcam (microscope) is not recognised by the driver....
> >>
> >> lsusb output:
> >>
> >> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1871:01b0 Aveo Technology Corp.
> > Please can you send verbose lsusb output. use:
> > sudo lsusb -vd 1871:01b0
> >
> > Also can you please send link to the product? I looking one for me
> > too :)
> >
> lsusb verbose output:
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1871:01b0 Aveo Technology Corp.
> Device Descriptor:
>    bLength                18
>    bDescriptorType         1
>    bcdUSB               2.00
>    bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>    bDeviceSubClass         0
>    bDeviceProtocol         0
>    bMaxPacketSize0        64
>    idVendor           0x1871 Aveo Technology Corp.
>    idProduct          0x01b0
>    bcdDevice            0.05
>    iManufacturer           1 AVEO Technology Corp.
>    iProduct                2 AVEO Cheetah3 USB2.0 Device
>    iSerial                 0
>    bNumConfigurations      1
>    Configuration Descriptor:
>      bLength                 9
>      bDescriptorType         2
>      wTotalLength          105
>      bNumInterfaces          1
>      bConfigurationValue     1
>      iConfiguration          0
>      bmAttributes         0x80
>        (Bus Powered)
>      MaxPower              500mA
>      Interface Descriptor:
>        bLength                 9
>        bDescriptorType         4
>        bInterfaceNumber        0
>        bAlternateSetting       0
>        bNumEndpoints           1
>        bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>        bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>        bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>        iInterface              0

At this point it shoud say "bInterfaceClass 14 Video", your is
"bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class". It mean it is not UVC
device, or it is uvc undercover ;)

To test it you should be able to compile kerner by your self. Take also
look in: linux-2.6/drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_driver.c
Search for some thing like this:
        /* Logitech Quickcam Fusion */
        { .match_flags          = USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_DEVICE
                                | USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_INT_INFO,
          .idVendor             = 0x046d,
          .idProduct            = 0x08c1,
          .bInterfaceClass      = USB_CLASS_VENDOR_SPEC,
          .bInterfaceSubClass   = 1,
          .bInterfaceProtocol   = 0 },

and place your idVendor and idProduct.

--