Hallo all,
i know some people here was working with bayer raw data. I just discovered this word for me, so i need some help to understand it correctly.

Normal bayer based image sensor have separate pixel for each color. Usually it made in 4 pixel squares, 1 - blue, 1 - red, 2 - green. There are different ways to precess this data but most easiest one will get one image pixel out of 4 physical pixels. This also mean, if my (for example) webcam has physical sensor size of 2MP, the real, not interpolated image data is MP*0.25.

1600x1200 (claimed resolution(2MP)) /2 = 800x600 (real/perfect image resolution(0,5MP))

Is this correct?

Regards,
        Alexey.