Connecting GNUnet with Openwrt
Is this the right place to forward this email?
Kind regards
Demos

Betreff: Re: [GNUnet-developers] EDN
Datum: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:33:50 +0200
Von: Christian Grothoff <groth...@gnunet.org>
An: demos <de...@posteo.de>, gnunet-develop...@gnu.org

On 04/14/15 21:55, demos wrote:
> Concerning the support of openwrt:
> What do you think about the idea of crosschecking certain parts of code
> for bugs (those parts that directly interact with one another?) together
> with the Openwrt-developers. (I haven't asked them yet. Maybe it's
> better if you ask them directly?)

Well, our code largely just calls the TUN/TAP APIs of the Kernel right
now, so I don't know where we'd there touch with OpenWRT-logic.

> In my opinion this would be a win-win situation for both,
> because you both have experienced C developers.
> They get their code reviewed, you get your code reviewed.

I'm not sure this is terribly realistic: it takes quite some time to be
familiar with the codebase (and you can't review code without
understanding what it is supposed to do).  That knowledge doesn't
translate to a different project easily, you have the initial steep
learning curve each time.  So it doesn't quite sound like a win-win.

However, if the OpenWRT folks are interested in helping Bart (& Florian)
get GNUnet onto the WRT platform, that would be great and might be an
actual win-win (we gain a platform, they a capability).

Happy hacking!

Christian