On 24 June 2015 at 14:20, Peer, Ilan <ilan.p...@intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Janusz,
>
> Any chance you can check if the attached patch fixes the issue you reported?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I just check the mac80211/cfg80211 code, and I am not sure this direct
probe could work correctly.

Function ieee80211_rx_mgmt_probe_resp() is interesting.
Seems we call
ieee80211_rx_bss_info() -> ieee80211_bss_info_update ->
cfg80211_inform_bss_width_frame() -> cfg80211_bss_update() -> this
could set bss->proberesp_ies
and after that check:

        if (ifmgd->auth_data && !ifmgd->auth_data->bss->proberesp_ies &&
            ether_addr_equal(mgmt->bssid, ifmgd->auth_data->bss->bssid)) {
                /* got probe response, continue with auth */
                sdata_info(sdata, "direct probe responded\n");

So, ifmgd->auth_data->bss->proberesp_ies could be set before check?

BTW, During my tests (no matter which card used) I never saw this msg:
sdata_info(sdata, "direct probe responded\n");
And always saw 3 failed direct probes.

@Johannes: Is that possible or I miss something.

BR
Janusz