Hi all,

Today I’ve released my WiFi register monitoring tool RegMon on GitHub:
https://github.com/thuehn/RegMon

RegMon consists of Atheros driver patches to monitor arbitrary registers under
ath9k, ath5k and madwifi from user space with high sampling rates (up to
~20kHz). My common research use case is the fine-grained monitoring and
analysis of all busy states (tx, rx, energy detection & idle), TSF and noise
floor of the mac/phy layer from an Atheros WiFi card. But it can be used to
sample any available register (like NAV, error registers, ect.).
There are also a bunch of scripts in the repo to set-up a wireless experiment,
collect RegMon traces, parse, merge and plot them with R.

Feel free to use and change RegMon for your own purpose. As RegMon is still
work in progress I am happy to receive and include your feedback and ideas.

Greetings from Berlin
Thomas