On 09/07/2015 01:43 PM, Jes Sorensen wrote:
Kalle Valo <kv...@codeaurora.org> writes:
Hi,

replying to an old thread first.

Jes Sorensen <jes.soren...@redhat.com> writes:

Kalle Valo <kv...@codeaurora.org> writes:
jes.soren...@redhat.com writes:

  MAINTAINERS                          |    8 +
  drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig         |   19 +
  drivers/net/wireless/Makefile        |    2 +
  drivers/net/wireless/rtl8xxxu.c | 4500
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  drivers/net/wireless/rtl8xxxu.h      |  497 ++++
  drivers/net/wireless/rtl8xxxu_regs.h |  941 +++++++

I think someone else already mentioned, but it would be better that has
it's own directory. Or should this actually be under rtlwifi
directory?

I didn't see the need here - it's just 3 files, as long as it doesn't
have a huge hierachy of files, a new directory doesn't add much
value. If it becomes an issue later, we can move it into a
subdirectory.

It's easier that the driver has it's on directory as everything
(makefile, kconfig etc) is cleanly separated. And actually I would like
to create a new vendor directory for realtek and have this in
drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8xxxu/. And later we could move rtlwifi
under realtek directory as well.

If you want to create drivers/net/wireless/realtek, that is fine with
me, but maybe you can go ahead and create that first and move the
existing drivers in there?

I will submit a patch to do that.

Larry