"Grumbach, Emmanuel" <emmanuel.grumb...@intel.com> writes:

> I have here a pull request for 4.6. There is patch in this pull request
> that has been sent to -next already but should really have been
> included in the current cycle. Sorry for the mess.
>
> The commit appears in -next as:
>
> commit a0b09f13036cedfd67c9cb4b9d05138e7022723d
> Author: Ayala Beker <ayala.be...@intel.com>
> Date:   Wed Feb 3 15:36:52 2016 +0200
>
>     iwlwifi: mvm: update GSCAN capabilities
>
>     Gscan capabilities were updated with new capabilities supported
>     by the device. Update GSCAN capabilities TLV.
>
> I modified the commit message to better emphasis the need to have it in
> the current release. You'll see it in this pull request as:
>
> commit cd49727e1a2bccc4ff008dde24c2f8430dd9e368
> Author: Ayala Beker <ayala.be...@intel.com>
> Date:   Wed Feb 3 15:36:52 2016 +0200
>
>     iwlwifi: mvm: avoid to WARN about gscan capabilities
>
>     Gscan capabilities were updated with new capabilities supported
>     by the device. Update GSCAN capabilities TLV and avoid to WARN
>     if the firmware does not have the new capabilities.

I feel uneasy having the same commit on both trees, but that might just
me. Dave, how do you suggest to handle cases like this when we want to
get a fix from -next to the current release -rc release?

This is the version I have in wireless-drivers-next:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/wireless-drivers-next.git/commit/?id=a0b09f13036cedfd67c9cb4b9d05138e7022723d

And this is what Emmanuel wants to have in 4.6:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-fixes.git/commit/?id=cd49727e1a2bccc4ff008dde24c2f8430dd9e368

Luckily the patch is simple but still I would like hear Dave's opinion
about this. And at least the commit log in iwlwifi-fixes should mention
that it's cherry picked from iwlwifi-next.

--
Kalle Valo