On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Krishna Chaitanya
<chaitanya.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Kalle Valo <kv...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
>>
>> Radu P <rrr...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > iw list|grep -i VHT  <- still nothing
>>
>> Maybe your iw is too old? I didn't see anything either (using stock iw
>> from Ubuntu 14.04) but then I upgraded to the latest one from git and
>> now I see:
>>
>>                VHT Capabilities (0x338001b2):
>>                         Max MPDU length: 11454
>>                         Supported Channel Width: neither 160 nor 80+80
>>                         RX LDPC
>>                         short GI (80 MHz)
>>                         TX STBC
>>                         RX antenna pattern consistency
>>                         TX antenna pattern consistency
>>                 VHT RX MCS set:
>>                         1 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         2 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         3 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         4 streams: not supported
>>                         5 streams: not supported
>>                         6 streams: not supported
>>                         7 streams: not supported
>>                         8 streams: not supported
>>                 VHT RX highest supported: 0 Mbps
>>                 VHT TX MCS set:
>>                         1 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         2 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         3 streams: MCS 0-9
>>                         4 streams: not supported
>>                         5 streams: not supported
>>                         6 streams: not supported
>>                         7 streams: not supported
>>                         8 streams: not supported
>>                 VHT TX highest supported: 0 Mbps
>>
>> And please don't top post.
>>
>> --
> "iw phy " should give necessary info.

With the latest iw from the git repo I get:

                VHT Capabilities (0x038071a0):
                        Max MPDU length: 3895
                        Supported Channel Width: neither 160 nor 80+80
                        short GI (80 MHz)
                        TX STBC
                        SU Beamformee
                VHT RX MCS set:
                        1 streams: MCS 0-9
                        2 streams: MCS 0-9
                        3 streams: not supported
                        4 streams: not supported
                        5 streams: not supported
                        6 streams: not supported
                        7 streams: not supported
                        8 streams: not supported
                VHT RX highest supported: 0 Mbps
                VHT TX MCS set:
                        1 streams: MCS 0-9
                        2 streams: MCS 0-9
                        3 streams: not supported
                        4 streams: not supported
                        5 streams: not supported
                        6 streams: not supported
                        7 streams: not supported
                        8 streams: not supported
                VHT TX highest supported: 0 Mbps

Is it OK that it is reporting  "VHT TX highest supported: 0 Mbps" ?