On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 08:16:53AM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> Hm. Would you rather allocate a separate head entry for the hashtable,
> or chain the entries?

My plan is to build support for this directly into rhashtable.
So I'm adding a struct rhlist_head that would be used in place
of rhash_head for these cases and it'll carry an extra pointer
for the list of identical entries.

I will then add an additional layer of insert/lookup interfaces
for rhlist_head.

So bottom-line is that if you have no identical entries that you
only incur an extra 8 bytes per-object.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>