Xinming Hu <[email protected]> writes:

> From: Shengzhen Li <[email protected]>
>
> We may get SLEEP event from firmware even if TXDone interrupt
> for last Tx packet is still pending. In this case, we may
> end up accessing PCIe memory for handling TXDone after power
> save handshake is completed. This causes kernel crash with
> external abort.
>
> This patch will only allow downloading sleep confirm
> when no tx done interrupt is pending in the hardware.
>
> Signed-off-by: Cathy Luo <[email protected]>
> Signed-off-by: Shengzhen Li <[email protected]>
> Signed-off-by: Xinming Hu <[email protected]>
> Signed-off-by: Amitkumar Karwar <[email protected]>
> ---
> v2: address format issues(Brain)
> RESEND v2(Applicable for complete patch series):
>     1) Fixed syntax issue "changelog not placed after the  Sign-offs"
>        pointed by Brian.
>     2) Dropped "[v2,03/12] mwifiex: don't do unbalanced free()'ing in
>        cleanup_if()" patch in this series. It was already sent by Brian
>        separately.

I do not know where this "v2 RESEND" practise is coming from but I very
much prefer that people would not use it. If you need to resend
something keep things simple, just increase the version number and
document in the changelog that nothing changed. I don't care what the
patchset version number is, I always look at the latest version and
discard the older ones.

This is just for the future, no need resend anything because of this.

-- 
Kalle Valo

Reply via email to