> From: Wolfram Sang [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:29 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Cc: Amitkumar Karwar; Nishant Sarmukadam; Kalle Valo
> Subject: Problems getting mwifiex with sd8887 to work
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get a SD8887 based SDIO card to work with my Renesas H3
> Salvator-X board. The card is either a u-blox emmy-w1-evk or a ZComax
> AC-180M, I am evaluating both. I really prefer to run the upstream
> driver instead of the paperwork protected and surprisingly old custom
> ones.
>
> However, for both cards, I run into an error I cannot parse:
>
> [ 4.028588] mwifiex_sdio mmc2:0001:1: mwifiex_process_cmdresp: cmd
> 0x242 failed during initialization
>
> I use a v4.9-rc2 based tree called 'renesas-drives' [1] which has a few
> Renesas specific patches on top but nothing mwifiex related AFAICT. I
> use the firmware from the linux-firmware tree.
>
> Any further use of the interface mlan0 or reading eeprom via debugfs
> will result in a timeout.
>
> [ 18.146710] mwifiex_sdio mmc2:0001:1: mwifiex_cmd_timeout_func:
> Timeout cmd id = 0x10, act = 0x1
>
> I assume this is a follow-up problem so I skip the logs for these
> timeouts (can easily send them, of course, in case they are
> interesting). I'll attach a full debug output from mwifiex from
> insertion until the initial 0x242 error.
>
> For full disclaimer, I am the maintainer of the underlying Renesas SD
> driver and I want to use this setup to create a test scenario for SDIO
> with UHS speeds. So, if there is something wrong in the SD part, I'll
> happily hack on that.
>
> But for now, I simply would need a starting point :) 0x242 is
> "HostCmd_CMD_CHAN_REGION_CFG". Could this mean it cannot load
> configuration data? I did search around but couldn't find anything
> useful.
0x242 command failure is expected for sd8887, as It's not supported. Driver
shouldn't abort initialization in this case. You can try below change. I will
prepare a patch to send this command based on firmware version/capability.
-------
@ -2304,8 +2304,8 @@ int mwifiex_sta_init_cmd(struct mwifiex_private *priv, u8
first_sta, bool init)
return -1;
}
- mwifiex_send_cmd(priv, HostCmd_CMD_CHAN_REGION_CFG,
- HostCmd_ACT_GEN_GET, 0, NULL, true);
+// mwifiex_send_cmd(priv, HostCmd_CMD_CHAN_REGION_CFG,
+// HostCmd_ACT_GEN_GET, 0, NULL, true);
}
---------
Regards,
Amitkumar