On 12/07/2016 07:32 AM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 02:16:06PM +0200, Kalle Valo wrote:
We have disccused this before, but for wireless it's not really that
simple. AFAIK with dyndbg you can only control the messages per line
(painful to enable group of messages) or per file (enables too many
messages). In wireless we have cases when we need to enable group of
messages, but not all.

You can turn them on by the function or a range of lines, then disable
the spammy lines.  With these new debug macros you can't do that so this
is a step backwards.

If I'm totally honest, I've never seen uglier macros than these.  I work
in staging and I've spent a lot of time in ancient code but these ones
really take the cake.

They will be coming out. The Realtek engineer and I are learning more about the various options to see what to use. The dynamic debugging options seem to be the best at the moment.

Larry