On 05/10/2017 03:30 AM, Tom Psyborg wrote:

On 9 May 2017 at 19:50, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org
<mailto:adr...@freebsd.org>> wrote:

    (Note note: some of those channels have non-megahertz boundaries,
    which means ... yeah, hello inter-operability boundaries. Hilarious.)

    -adrian

From what I can tell, it seems like as long as your both points are configured
with identical settings, you can use any channel/frequency/bandwidth combination
that hardware supports. Possibly even 802.11ac at 2.4 GHz if we got more than
100MHz of bandwidth from 2.4 to 2.5 GHz. The solution i've made myself doesn't
include all available channels but can serve as an example:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=353870#p353870 primary/sec HT
channel option should also
be further extended.

Cheers, Tom

I've successfully used 802.11ac VHT-40 on 2.4Ghz band with ath10k...it just
requires a few small changes
in the mac80211 stack to allow it to be configured....just FYI.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>