> > +     if (timer_pending(&mac->scan_timeout))
> > +             del_timer_sync(&mac->scan_timeout);
>
> What if the device is removed while the timer is pending, is that
> handled?

Good point. I took another look at this kind of corner cases. Timer is not
disabled
explicitely. But ongoing scan request is explicitely aborted in relevant
cfg80211 ops, e.g. on virtual interface change or removal. Though it looks like
some of AP usecases are not handled: e.g. when AP is stopped while scan is
in progress. I will queue the fix into the next cleanup/bugfix patch series
if it is needed to abort scan in such a case.

Thanks,
Sergey