On 18/08/17 01:32, Håvard Rabbe wrote:
> Hi
> I’m using wifi card with AR9280 chipset that uses the ath9k driver.
>
> The card has 2 available radio chains and I’m only going to connect 1 antenna.
>
> Is it possible to disable the radio chain im not using?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Håvard Rabbe

Help text from iw:

You can set the rx/tx mask with
iw phy phy0 set antenna 1
to not use the second chain

or
iw phy phy0 set antenna 1 3
to not use the second chain for tx, but still use it for rx.

You can see the currently active mask with:
iw list | grep Antenna

Be aware that the value set here is a bitmask only allows the values 1/3/7 (for
1, 2 and 3 chains).
Chain 0 is always active.
--> You can not disable chain 0 and only use chain 1.

BR
Matthias