On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 10:57:11AM +0800, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Endless OS recently upgraded from Linux 4.11 to Linux 4.13, and we now
> have a few reports of issues with ath9k wireless becoming unusable.
>
> In the logs we can see that it authenticates, associates and completes
> the WPA 4 way handshake, before then being disconnected with:
>
>  wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=74:26:ac:68:2f:c0 reason=4
> locally_generated=1

reason=4 is WLAN_REASON_DISASSOC_DUE_TO_INACTIVITY. I'd expect the most
likely source of this to be one of the mac80211 code paths in mlme.c
where disconnection is triggered if the current AP become unreachable.
Getting a debug log from mac80211 might help in figuring out what is
causing this (there seem to be number of mlme_dbg() calls before most,
but not necessarily all, places where
WLAN_REASON_DISASSOC_DUE_TO_INACTIVITY is used).