On 11/22/2017 04:51 AM, Mylene JOSSERAND wrote:
> Hello Jes Sorensen,
>
> I am currently testing a LM811 Wifi/BT USB dongle [1] on a Sinlinx
> SinA33 Allwinner SoC board [2]. I saw that I should use the realtek
> driver RTL8723BU for this USB dongle.
>
> Currently, I am only testing the Wifi and the mainline driver (kernel
> 4.14-rc7) does not seem to work. At least, the scanning does not output
> anything.
>
> I tested the driver recommended by LM Technologies [3] and it works
> fine (scan, connect and ping are ok). Before investigating on the
> differences between these two drivers, do you have any idea about this
> issue?
>
> Here are the commands and output I got with mainline's driver:

I have not looked at the driver these LM Technologies people are
referring to, but I am guessing it's the vendor code.

8723bu is a little dicey because it has BT in the chip and if you enable
that the two drivers need to interact, which rtl8xxxu currently doesn't
know about. Check your dmesg output to make sure you don't have some BT
thing loaded hijacking the chip.

Jes