Hello,

I have two Atheros AP147 QCA9531 SoC, the radio is connected to the
WMAC. I am running OpenWRT Trunk on them and for some reason the TX/RX
is incredibly low.

The first AP147 is low powered, No xPA Bias and only has 20dB of
output power. Ath9k appears to run correctly, meaning I can bring up
station/AP. However when I scan, it see's nothing. When I bring up an
AP, the AP doesn't transmit.

The second AP147 has an xPA Bias level of 13. This time I can scan on
a station interface but everything it see's is incredibly low. The TX
Power is also very very low. With the xPA, this is supposed to run at
26 dB.

Is there a register a register that I can toggle to enable the QCA9531
internal PA/LNA? It's like ath9k is not enabling the internal PA/LNA
correctly.

The odd thing is, I have other QCA9531 boards ( Mikrotik based ) and
they run fine on OpenWRT Trunk. I'm not sure what the difference is...

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I posted some details on the LEDE forum:
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/ap147-010-qca9531-wmac-tx-power-issue/11126/2

-- Davey