On 04/09/2018 12:13 AM, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
> Hi Luciano,
> On 04/07/2018 08:54 AM, Luciano Coelho wrote:
>> On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 16:55 +0200, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
>>> after upgrading to 4608f064532c ("Merge
>>> my kernel log gets constantly flooded with the below message and
>>> wireless stops
>>> working ... just in case you haven't had a report on this yet.
>>> Downgrading back
>>> to older v4.16-rcX kernel gets everything back to normal working
>>> state; haven't
>>> had time for bisection yet, but hopefully the below would provide
>>> some clue.
>>> [ 513.429773] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Failed to send quota: -5
>>> [ 513.429775] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Failed to update quotas after
>>> restart (-5)
>>> [ 514.163758] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Microcode SW error
>>> detected. Restarting 0x82000000.
>>> [ 514.163987] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Start IWL Error Log Dump:
>>> [ 514.163988] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Status: 0x00000100, count: 6
>>> [ 514.163989] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Loaded firmware version:
>>> [ 514.163991] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: 0x00000038 | BAD_COMMAND
>> I did add support for new FW APIs, so maybe some check for the FW
>> version is missing somewhere.
>> Which NIC are you using? I can see that you're using an older version
>> of the firmware (27.455470.0). For 7265D and 3168 we already have
>> version 29. For 8000C and 8260 we have vesion 36. You can find all
>> the latest versions in our fork of linux-firmware.git. And soon the
>> main linux-firmware.git will also include the latest versions, since
>> I sent a pull request yesteday ago.
>> Meanwhile, I'll investigate this problem. It shouldn't happen even if
>> you're using an older firmware. Maybe I'll have to stop supporting
>> version 27 in newer kernels, let's see.
> Here's from the log on an older (working) kernel:
> $ dmesg | grep iwlwifi
> [ 7.672955] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
> [ 7.705000] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-36.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.705208] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-35.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.705391] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-34.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.705850] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-33.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.706118] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-32.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.706463] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-31.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.706789] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-30.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.707182] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-29.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.707746] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Direct firmware load for
> iwlwifi-8000C-28.ucode failed with error -2
> [ 7.714899] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: loaded firmware version 27.455470.0
> op_mode iwlmvm
> [ 8.400655] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC
> 8260, REV=0x208
> [ 8.475161] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: base HW address: [...]
> [ 8.568333] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0 wlp4s0: renamed from wlan0
> I'll try to upgrade the FW in the mean time, thanks!
Moved to iwlwifi-8000C-36 and that definitely helped. Thanks!