On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 10:04 +0530, Sriram R wrote:

> But, I wanted to avoid,
>       1. Static indexing and memory allocation based on MCS count((8x3)24
> entries for HT and (10x3)30 for VHT within allocated 36 entries) so that
> it's scalable.

Do you expect that the rate control on the other side flips through
MCSes so fast that this little cache will need to be flushed
significantly?

>       2. Remote chance of dropping a stats(Though it does not have much
> impact)

Yeah this doesn't seem like a concern either way. How many packets and
how little time ... :)

> And to allow,
>       1. A 'station dump' kind of interface to dump the complete collected
> stats instead of returning only current snapshot of the stats within
> kernel.

This *completely* contradict keeping limits on the kernel memory
consumed, so basically I don't think this is feasible.

> Also, do you feel it would be good to have both ,i.e complete stats
> collection within kernel(this approach) and dump+clear of stats on
> reaching threshold(your approach) and have one of these two modes
> selected based on the requirement.

No, honestly, I don't. If an application wants these statistics, then I
feel that we can impose *some* requirements and not leave it at "let me
just enable it and have the kernel do all the work for me".

johannes