On 8 August 2018 at 21:14, Arend van Spriel
<arend.vanspr...@broadcom.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/2018 7:58 PM, Randy Oostdyk wrote:
>>
>> Good day all,
>

> Hi Randy
>
>> I'm writing to report an issue with the linux kernel, and I'm hoping
>> this is the right place to report it. (short aside: I tried to ask in
>> the #linux-wireless IRC channel, but wasn't permitted to speak!)
>

> uhm. why?

There was (and still is) a lot of link spamming recently on freenode
in #linux-wireless (and several other open [source] channels) from
unregistered clients; to prevent further disruptions unregistered
clients were prevented from writing to the channel for now.

Quite likely this was/is Randys issue. Registering helps, not sure how
easy it is to give individual unregistered users the right to talk.

Regards
Jonas