On 9/27/18 3:33 AM, Simon Beginn wrote:
Use the following command to get the baseline values:
Done - aand nothing changes (The access point has a strength of -60dB on my desk). Well maybe the manufacturer has two antennas builtin. Yay - sorry for that.

That value means that the signal strength is way too low. One other possibility is that the chip has retained the setting and is not obeying the antenna number command. To check that, create a file (as root) named /etc/modprobe.d/50-r8723bs.conf, and add a single line containing "options r8723bs rtw_ant_num=2" (without the quotation marks). After that file is ready, then do a cold boot so that the chip has been power cycled. Finally, redo the signal test. Note: If your patch is applied, the above will not work!

In dmesg
Yep, too late. I've already installed the necessary firmware-files. But I didn't wrote it, because the WiFi test wasn't performed until yet.

o the work to get the driver into the condition necessary for it to be in the regular tree.
Did my patch made it?

Your patch was not in the correct format to be accepted. Even if it had been correctly done, I would have NACKed it. Given the location of the driver, the name is what it should be. Once you, or someone else, has done the many hours to put that Realtek crap into proper kernel form, then it could be placed in the normal wireless tree and given the name rtl8723bs.

Larry