On 10/12/18 10:00 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 10/11/2018 6:04 PM, Christoph Müllner wrote:
>> Hi Franky and Arend,
>>
>> today I could get a SDIO Wifi module, which includes a BCM43455.
>> I was able to get this up and running without any issues with the
>> brcmfmac
>> driver and a 4.19 kernel. For me that's enough evidence to say that
>> the SDIO
>> driver works.
>>
>> However, the BCM4359 still does not work.
>> It times out in brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback(), while enabling func2.
>>
>> I've inserted tons of debug log outputs in both, the DHD driver and the
>> brcmfmac driver, and compared them. Differences which I've found so far
>> are: a) brcmfmac strips out whitespaces from nvram contents and
>> b) DHD downloads firmware first and brcmfmac downloads nvram first.
>> I've adapted the DHD driver to behave like brcmfmac in both cases
>> and it still works.
>>
>> I've increased the timeout for enabling func2 from 3 seconds to 10
>> seconds,
>> but that did not help.
>>
>> Any ideas left?
>
> When enabling func2 fails it generally means the firmware crashed. I am
> not sure if the patch below works to get console information. It might
> show up empty or simply fail if firmware did not fill shared memory
> info, but it may be worth a try.

I added the patch and additionally added debug output for all error
cases in the two called functions. Here's the output:

[   14.746092] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: enable F2: err=-62
[   14.767523] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_checkdied: firmware not built with
-assert
[   14.778777] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_checkdied: firmware trap in dongle
[   14.789220] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_readconsole: brcmf_sdio_readconsole:
bus->console_addr == 0!

Do you have an educated guess, what causes the firmware crash, when
being loaded via the brcmfmac driver?

Thanks,
Christoph