On Fri, 2019-09-06 at 10:43 -0500, Denis Kenzior wrote:

> + *   There are no limits (outside of netlink protocol limits) on
> + *   message sizes that can be sent over the "config2" multicast group. It
> + *   is assumed that applications utilizing "config2" multicast group
> + *   utilize buffers that are inherently large enough or can utilize
> + *   MSG_PEEK/MSG_TRUNC in the netlink transport in order to allocate big
> + *   enough buffers.

I'm not sure I see how the applications could do buffers that are
"inherently" large enough, there's no practical message size limit, is
there (32-bits for the size).

I'd argue this should just say that applications should use large
buffers and still use MSG_PEEK/handle MSG_TRUNC, but I can also edit it
later.

> +     msg = nlmsg_new(alloc_size, GFP_KERNEL);
> +     if (!msg)
> +             goto legacy;
> +
> +     if (WARN_ON(nl80211_send_wiphy(rdev, cmd, msg, 0, 0, 0, &state) < 0)) {
> +             nlmsg_free(msg);
> +             goto legacy;
> +     }
> +
> +     genlmsg_multicast_netns(&nl80211_fam, wiphy_net(&rdev->wiphy), msg, 0,
> +                             NL80211_MCGRP_CONFIG2, GFP_KERNEL);
> +
> +legacy:

nit: just use "else" instead of the goto?

johannes