On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 11:58 AM Li Wang <li.w...@windriver.com> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> 1.
> PATCH 1/2: apply to v5.10/standard/base
> when merge to v5.10/standard/preempt-rt/base, merge conflicts should be
> solved by:
> > #define TIF_SIGPENDING          0       /* signal pending */
> > #define TIF_NEED_RESCHED        1       /* rescheduling necessary */
> > #define TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME       2       /* callback before returning to
> > user */
> > #define TIF_UPROBE              3       /* breakpointed or singlestepping */
> > #define TIF_NOTIFY_SIGNAL       4       /* signal notifications exist */
> > #define TIF_NEED_RESCHED_LAZY   7
> >
> > #define TIF_USING_IWMMXT        17
> > #define TIF_MEMDIE              18      /* is terminating due to OOM killer
> > */
> > #define TIF_RESTORE_SIGMASK     19
> > #define TIF_SYSCALL_TRACE       20      /* syscall trace active */
> > #define TIF_SYSCALL_AUDIT       21      /* syscall auditing active */
> > #define TIF_SYSCALL_TRACEPOINT  22      /* syscall tracepoint
> > instrumentation */
> > #define TIF_SECCOMP             23      /* seccomp syscall filtering active
> > */
>
> 2.
> PATCH 2/2: apply to v5.10/standard/preempt-rt/base

There's a problem with this.

Anything that goes onto v5.10/standard/base is also by definition
merged into v5.10/standard/preempt-rt/base.

When patch 1 is applied to 5.10/standard/base, we can no longer merge
v5.10/standard/base into v5.10/standard/preempt-rt/base without a
conflict.

The conflict is as follows:

<<<<<<< HEAD
#define TIF_SYSCALL_TRACE       4       /* syscall trace active */
#define TIF_SYSCALL_AUDIT       5       /* syscall auditing active */
#define TIF_SYSCALL_TRACEPOINT  6       /* syscall tracepoint instrumentation */
#define TIF_NEED_RESCHED_LAZY   7
#define TIF_SECCOMP             8       /* seccomp syscall filtering active */
#define TIF_NOTIFY_SIGNAL       9       /* signal notifications exist */
=======
#define TIF_NOTIFY_SIGNAL       4       /* signal notifications exist */

I can't just take the standard/base set of flags, as
TIF_NEED_RESCHED_LAZY would be dropped.

6.2-rt does define TIF_NEED_RESCHED_LAZY with the value of 5, so I've
resolved this conflict to match.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end