On 13-11-05 6:36 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 17:15 -0600, Tom Zanussi wrote:
On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 14:52 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
I'm working on rewriting the minnow-io feature to just apply patches.
It's working.... but something is seriously horked with 3.10 - or my
3.10 tree.... or.... I don't know. HALP!

The first problem was it was building PREEMPT_RT from a linux-yocto
recipe. Turns out the eg20t feature has a branch (even in the
yoctoproject.org git repo) which includes the preempt-rt sources, so
those were all getting merged in. I removed the eg20t branch command and
now preempt-rt isn't getting merged in. First I don't understand why
eg20t even has a branch (did I do that?). Second, why would it contain

I'm not sure how the eg20t branch could be getting merged in - the eg20t
feature doesn't contain a 'git merge', and is just there for the .cfg.

The eg20t branch originally contained about 70 eg20t patches before
they'd gone upstream, and is now useless AFAIK, so should probably be
removed.

PREEMPT_RT? Fumbled upgrade?

Sounds like it, but based on the above it shouldn't really matter as it
shouldn't be used at all..

Right, it didn't have a merge command, just a branch:

$ cat meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/eg20t/eg20t.scc
# changes should be staged on "eg20t"
git branch eg20t master

kconf hardware eg20t.cfg

Still, including this scc brought in the eg20t branch. Perhaps if the
branch name exists the branch command does a merge? Bug?

We picked this up last week during some integration work @ Wind. The
git branch was only used when staging the branch, and shouldn't have
been in the .scc .. BSPs that are still including it are only working
because they aren't adding any patches AFTER the command.

In your case, you are .. hence why things are going insane.

I have a change queued that drops the branch command, and moves eg20t
to staging, and then "to be killed", as Tom points out.

I've confirmed this reverting to 3.10.10 happens in the do_patch()
task, but I don't know where or why yet.

Have you tried the same build with the branch command removed ?

I also dropped emgd to avoid any mess there. Now, the minnow-io patches
are still applied, but instead of being at 3.10.17 from standard/base,
we're back at 3.10.10. Any ideas what might be going on here?

$ git l
e683d6f minnowboard-keys: Bind MinnowBoard buttons to arrow keys
8ae33bc minnowboard-gpio: Export MinnowBoard expansion GPIO
cebeec1 minnowboard: Add base platform driver for the MinnowBoard
e3c69f2 gpio-sch: Add sch_gpio_resume_set_enable()
ebc8428 Merge tag 'v3.10.10' into standard/base
b76f445 yaffs2: disable procfs support
ecfe5ed yaffs2: convert to kuid_t and kgid_t
fa8efc9 yaffs2: restore multi-kernel version functionality
8bf3379 Linux 3.10.10

I'm building from master with my meta changes.

Happens from dora too.

dora and master are virtually identical, so it isn't surprising.

Bruce