From: linux-yocto-boun...@yoctoproject.org
[linux-yocto-boun...@yoctoproject.org] on behalf of Olivier Roth
[olivierro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 12:01 AM
To: linux-yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: [linux-yocto] Configuration fragment is overridden by netfilter.cfg

Hi,

I'm trying to include an configuration fragment to the linux-yocto kernel.
The fragment is correctly applied, but there is another fragment (coming from
"kernel-cache/features/netfilter/netfilter.cfg") that is overriding some of my
configurations.

This is my structure inside "meta-mine/receipes-kernel/linux/":
.
├── files
│       └── mine.cfg
└── linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend

This is in my linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += "file://fw104-fragment.cfg"

And in my mine.cfg I have some configuration options like:

CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_ACCT=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_LOG=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y

So when I do an bitbake linux-yocto -c kernel_configcheck -f the configuration
fragment mine.cfg is correctly applied, but, I have this in the
".meta/cfg/standard/common-pc/required_redefinition.txt":

Value of CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER is redefined by fragment
.meta/cfg/files/mine.cfg.sanitized:
Previous value: CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=m
New value: CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=y
--
Value of CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER is redefined by fragment
.meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/netfilter/netfilter.cfg.sanitized:
Value of CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES is redefined by fragment
.meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/netfilter/netfilter.cfg.sanitized:
Previous value: CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
New value: CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=m

So my configuration is applied correclty, but this "netfilter.cfg.sanitized" is
always overriding my stuff.

What could I do to disable this netfilter.cfg, or to patch my own configuration
after this one?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Roth Olivier