On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:07 PM Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortma...@windriver.com>
wrote:

> Bruce, Yocto kernel folks:
>
> Here is the next 4.18.x stable update "extension" primarily created
> for the Yocto project, continuing from the previous v4.18.37 release.
>
> There is one trivial one line commit to fix a build error on PPC64 from
> the MDS patches of v4.18.37 - which was also present in GregKH's stable
> releases our v4.18.37 was based on.  That patch is 1st in the queue if
> anyone is looking for it.  Greg also has the fix now, and so fingers
> crossed that we don't see any more whole releases for a single bug-fix
> for months and months.
>
> There are about 165 commits here, based on commits chosen from what were
> used in the 4.19.37 and 4.19.38 stable releases.  I had most of this
> work done before MDS came along, hence the close together releases.
>
> There is a slight bias towards networking in the content here; it seems
> in v4.19, an ipv6 frag issue was best resolved by importing work that
> combined some ipv4/ipv6 code first.  And for 4.18 here, I had to extend
> that slightly by getting some related commits between 4.18 and 4.19.
> But after doing that, the related commits played nice together during
> application, and some basic ping6 tests didn't reveal any issues.
>
> I've put this 4.18.x queue through the usual testing; build testing
> on x86-64/32, ARM-64/32, PPC and MIPS, plus some static analysis
> and finally some sanity runtime tests on x86-64.
>
> I did the signed tag just as per the previously released versions.
> Please find a signed v4.18.38 tag using this key:

v4.18.37 merged without problems, but I'm seeing something off with the .38
tag:

build [/home/bruc...-yocto.git]> git fetch -n  git://
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulg/linux-4.18.y.git tag v4.18.38
build [/home/bruc...-yocto.git]> git merge v4.18.38
Auto-merging security/device_cgroup.c
Auto-merging net/ipv6/reassembly.c
Auto-merging net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_reasm.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in
net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_reasm.c
Auto-merging net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c
Auto-merging net/ipv4/inet_fragment.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in net/ipv4/inet_fragment.c
Auto-merging net/core/skbuff.c
Auto-merging mm/mmap.c
Auto-merging include/net/inet_frag.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/net/inet_frag.h
Auto-merging include/linux/skbuff.h
Auto-merging fs/splice.c
Auto-merging fs/proc/task_mmu.c
Auto-merging fs/nfs/super.c
Auto-merging drivers/block/loop.c
Auto-merging Makefile
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

The conflicts just look like one of the changes is already in my tree ..
which IIRC is the case, but it would be great if you could check the latest
branches and confirm the commit I should revert before merging this.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end