From: "SAMY rengasamy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 2:31 AM
Subject: Backup and Restore for Disaster Recovery

> We have SuSe 7.0 running successfully in an LPAR by itself. Used
offlindr - OS/390 offline DASD dump/restore program source to backup the
complete linux dasd's from MVS in 18 minutes. We are setting up another LPAR
to restore the data to test disaster recovery. Has anybody done this before?
We do have to change /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab. What were the challenges
faced by any of you? Any catches, snags, surprises.....??