Well I wouldn't expect to jump from such a high-level language to
assembly in just one step. First I would read up on C, and make some
basic console apps to get some practice. Then I would recommend you
get some microcontroller programming experience. Pick up an Arduino or
something and practice on that. It's really hard to understand the
significance of drivers without trying to connect other things to the
uC.