They have already fixed that anyways, it was discovered and used by some
iPhone hackers long ago (called pwnage 2.0 IIRC). However, as the bug is
sitting in the mask ROM, they can't patch it.

Planetbeing was kind enough to adapt that exploit for us and write a
tool to automate patching of the signature. However, I must admit that I
haven't understood the details of how all that is working yet. The best
documentation is probably the source code of his tool (called fucc),
which is included in my source code snapshot (which can be downloaded at
http://the-seven.tk )