>    in addition, it may be that this it not a one-off job.  even as
> shipped, the pandaboard is more than adequate for teaching embedded
> linux.  but with those extra connectors, that opens up a *world* of
> additional possible courses involving video.  i've negotiated a bulk
> rate for buying pandaboards from the manufacturer, and i'm looking at
> bundling a board with each student kit, so i could be buying *dozens*
> of these things and might want each one extended as i described.
>    i don't want to do it myself.  and if there's someone out there who
> is good at this sort of thing (makes a living at it?), then we should
> talk.  this is a business opportunity for someone who's looking for
> one.

If you just want to get it done and there will be more in larger
quantities in the future, you probably want to call one of Ottawa's PCB
assembly shops and negotiate something.  This would be trivial work for
them, and the offer of larger quantities is always something they like.

Larger quantities or not, it'll be pay by the hour and the rates will
probably be cheaper than if you were to do it by yourself, once you
factor in time and supplies.

I imagine most of the people on this list would be interested in doing
one board for you for the cost of a beer at the next meeting, but
probably wouldn't be interested in doing larger quantities.  I would
offer myself for one board, but I'm leaving town shortly and won't be
back until just before new year's.

Once you do get to doing larger quantities though, I recommend you find
an assembly shop, since errors are more annoying when dealing with
larger numbers, and a board shop will have no problem dealing with these
connectors.

--
Jean