Hi Scott,
Yeah, I would like to see an Inkscape demo.
I have tried it a couple of times, and have given up on it for the task at
hand, both times.

It looks to me more like a tool for vector scalable art, not diagrams of
relationships.

I have used the "(Open/Libre) Office Draw" for those, somewhat successfully.
So far, "Smart Draw" seems to be the best alternative to mega-buck software
companies.
It's still a couple hundred bucks per person, IIRC.
It was much more interesting at $75 a few years ago.

Rob

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.
613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ON