On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:57 +0200, Hamish Guthrie wrote:
> There are still no devices in PLCC32 - the only discrete devices are in DIP,
> TSOP and uBGA.
> The Millenium included a piece of SRAM from which it was possible to do a
> limited amount of XIP, but it appears to be dead now - I am not sure if the
> new devices have that SRAM technology in them or not - I have gone off
> Disk-on-chip personally - they are too restrictive with docs.
>
> There is no reason at all not to use a DOM solution on the IDE bus with
> something like FILO - it should just work

Great. Would LILO also function as a payload for LinuxBIOS?

>  - there are also lots of
> alternative vendors for IDE-based DOM solutions by the way.
>
> Is there ANY other flash memory device on your Geode platform at all?

Nope :( It has the bios chip (256 KByte/2 MBit PMC PM49FL002T) and an
Apacer IDE flash DOM plugged onto a 44 pin IDE header.

> And to answer your previous question - of course LinuxBIOS works with 2.6
> kernels!

Good news.

Thanks for the information. Do you have any prediction on how long you
might take on the freebios->freebios2 Geode conversion? Would you like
some help on it? I'd really like something to be working within a couple
of weeks (!).

Seb

--
Hypercube Systems Ltd 'Embedded Linux Solutions'
35 Walkley Crescent Road, Sheffield, S6 5BA