I think it may happen on a hub restart or when the hub looses connectivity due
to ISP line problems.
The user reporting the issue uses 2 different clients, ndcd and Apex, both have
experienced the same behaviour at differents times.

20:28:27 Read error: Error in the pull function.
20:28:27 Connection lost. Waiting 30s before reconnecting.
20:28:57 Connecting to adcs://...
20:28:57 Trying xx.xx.xx.xx:iiii...
20:29:13 Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx:iiii.
20:29:17 <hub> You are registered, please provide a password
20:29:17 (error-11) Not enough bandwidth available, please try again later
20:29:17 Not enough bandwidth available, please try again later
20:29:17 Disconnected.

Following eMTee advice we have doubled OverflowTimeout settings in adchpp.xml.
So far, one hub restart and in about 2 minutes all the previous users were
connected again.
Previous to this modification, we observed users connected for days, then a
disconnection happens and some of these users didn't connect again after a few
days. Anyways, more testing is needed to confirm the overflow modification
helps.

Thanks eMTee!

Dcplusplus-team, which is subscribed to ADCH++.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1088638

Title:
  Not enough bandwidth available, please try again later

Status in ADCH++:
  New

Bug description:
  The error "Not enough bandwidth available, please try again later" in
  ClientManager::verifyOverflow shouldn't be sent with the "TL -1"
  param, as quite a few users receive that error after the hub has been
  restarted.

  Because of that it takes a long time to get all users back in the hub
  as their clients won't reconnect automatically.