On 12/18/05, आनंद (Anand M R) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Has anyone faced a problem with installing the Nvidia drivers on ubuntu > 5.10 > > I have an Intel 815 mobo (integrated graphics), but I'm using the AGP > slot with GeForce 2 MX 400. > > When i try to install the driver using "sudo apt-get install > nvidia-glx" (as in ubuntuguide.org) everything installs ...but then > when i restart x (ctrl+alt+backspace) or restart the comp ... the > machine reboots at the point when x is trying to come up. > > So then i tried installing the official nvidia drivers. Since it didnt > have precompiled module for the kernel (i'm using the one that came > with 5.10) it build it (i downloaded gcc 3.4 for that and kernel > headers), but the same thing happens again. Every time it tries to > start x it reboots. > > I could do with some help here. > > Anand.
I'm using nvidia drivers on current PC, I installed the drivers, "apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-settings" and then ran the following: sudo nvidia-glx-config enable then had to tweak the xorg.conf for the monitor settings and resolution for my monitor, did you run the nvidia-glx-config enable revant
-- http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

